Finding The Best ATV Sprayer: Product Reviews And More!
9 2 6
For a long time, ATVs have been used as fun sports accessories. However, they aren’t just for that. These are great accessories that can really be helpful when it comes to taking care of some large property. In other words, there comes a time when you really need to do some spraying in some large space, the ATV sprayer comes into play and can save you some precious time in deed. But the journey towards spraying that area of yours doesn’t begin with having an ATV sprayer. Instead, it starts by choosing the best ATV sprayer. It is, therefore, important that you know what to look for and what to consider when choosing these important spraying accessories.
- 1 Benefits Associated with Using the ATV Sprayers
- 2 How To Choose Quality ATV Sprayer
- 3 Top 4 ATV Sprayer Reviews On The Market 2017
Benefits Associated with Using the ATV Sprayers
Before rushing to discuss how to choose the best product, it is possible that the beginners may not be aware of why they should acquire a unit of these products anyway. That is why it would be quite unfair to directly go to the buying guide without discussing the benefits of using these sprayers.
a. Ideal Choice for Large Scale Use
When working on a large area, for instance, a tea estate or a sugar cane nuclear, you won’t be able to achieve your goal with a backpack sprayer, however, strong you may be. You really need an ATV sprayer. The increase in tank capacity together with the enhanced mobility makes it an appropriate tool to use. In a nutshell, use this accessory when applying liquid fertilizer to grass as well as when you want to spray pesticides to your farm or around your property.
b. They are Portable
If you thought your knapsack sprayer is more portable than the ATV sprayers simply because it is smaller, fill your 20-liter knapsack sprayer and try spraying two acres in a day. You probably even won’t go beyond the half acre mark. Your back will be blistered. Your muscles will be aching and you will be very fatigued. The ATV sprayer can comfortably be laid on the wheels and pulled with a corresponding farm machine to the field or desired site. And because of the huge capacity, your journeys to refill will highly be reduced as it would have been the case if you were using the backpacks
c. Easy Use
The best aspect of the sprayer is the fact that virtually anyone can use it. Women can use it; weak men can use it and even teenagers. Unlike the case of backpack sprayers which can only be used by the strong men, all you need is wisdom and skill to be able to operate this accessory. Provided you have gained the skill and experience of driving an ATV, using the sprayer will be as easy as pie.
How To Choose Quality ATV Sprayer
The tank capacity is one important thing you should consider. In very few instances will you be looking for a tank with a lesser capacity? The main reason why you are out shopping for the ATV sprayer is so that it can help you to easily handle magnanimous tasks out in the large tracts of fields. As a result, it will be logical that you consider the biggest size possible that your ATV can pull.
However, if your yard is just a small one, it will be very illogical for you to go for those big tanks lest you waste a lot of chemicals anytime you do some spraying as it may not be very logical for you to leave them to sit in the tank for extended periods of time.
The ATV tanks use batteries among other power sources to run. Though most of the tanks are run using the 12V battery system, it would be wrong for you to assume than any tank you buy on the market gets is power supply from the 12V battery source. There is no harm counter-checking this aspect so that you don’t end up with compatibility issues, which is a very rare fit anyway.
The flow rate allows you to have an understanding of how quickly the liquids will be coming out of the sprayer. The flow rate is directly proportional to a number of liquids to be released as a faster flow rate means quicker liquid streaming with the vice versa also being true. The flow rate is usually measured in GPM or rather gallons per minute with PSI pressure rating. It will be prudent for you to go for those sprayers having adjustable flow rates so that you can make adjustments according to your tastes and preferences.
Vertical sprayers are the most common, most popular and arguably the best choice for large area spraying. This is because the higher the spray vertical goes up the air; the faster it will be to accomplish your task. The work done will also not just be faster but the covering will also be even. The height the liquid flies is directly proportional to the device’s pressure. It is thus important you look at some of these aspects before you can go for the kill
ATV sprayer tanks aren’t equally created, with some featuring materials that are more durable than others. Some plastics may be more resistant to chemicals than others. It’s thus important for you to consider the durability of the tank material
The valves can also be durable in one tank as when compared with another. Going for plastic valves is unwise as they aren’t reliable with the brass nozzles having the reputation of being very resilient. Off course you will pay more for such quality products but once you buy them, you will probably never budget for the valves again.
This may sound as a nitty gritty but the spray pattern will come with some impact thus make some difference on how chemicals will be applied to a given environment. A sprayer that dumps like a garden horse will highly disappoint. The best pattern is that which will evenly apply a coating throughout the lawn or any other form of the field. Weeding and gardening are more efficient with the use of such.
Top 4 ATV Sprayer Reviews On The Market 2017
1. NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer – 26 Gallon, 2.2 GPM, 12 Volt
The product has a capacity of 26 gallons making it a perfect choice for wide gardens and lawn applications. And with a 2.2 GPM flow rate and 70 PSI maximum pressure, you are assured of quick liquid flow hence the job can be done within no time.
Special Features and Benefits
- Quality Performance: Comes with one of the best-rated pump performance as it can produce faster priming together with durability up to 70 PSI max
- Durability: Features a Honeywell Micro Switch that guarantees the durability of the product, not forgetting its efficiency when handling spraying projects. Its Viton valves are also durability boosters.
- Quality Interiors: The tank interiors are made in such a way that they are UV-resistant and chemical resistant polymer for extended use.
- Improved Technology: The pressure switch has been designed to slowly cycle the pump thus minimizing motor and switch wear
- The drain cap has a tendency of leaking thus important to have standby tapes
- Its straps can’t hold it on some ATVs
2. Ironton ATV Spot Sprayer – 8 Gallon, 1 GPM, 12 Volt
Capable of handling 8 gallons at a time, it is a perfect choice for the small and average lawn size areas. Quality standards have been factored in the construction thereby guaranteeing durability and long-lasting performance. Such quality standards include the UV resistance and compatibility with an array of pesticides.
Special Features and Benefits
- Easy Monitoring and Use: It features some gallon marks. These have been molded into the plastic tank thereby helping in the monitoring of the fluids as they decrease in levels. Its easy-empty bottom drain and the wide 3.5” openings make it easy to use
- Pricing: When a ratio of price to performance is done, the product ends up being a boom and the best for the buck.
- Durability and Versatility: Comes with 1 GPM pump and body that features Viton and Santoprene components which are chemically resistant
- Power Supply: Features the 12V battery system
- Pressure isn’t adjustable
- Galvanized screws which corrode with time have been used for mounting the pump.
3. Chapin 97300 15-Gallon 12v Deluxe Dripless EZ mount ATV Spot Sprayer
It is a 15-gallon capacity sprayer that is so versatile that it can be configured for mounting on lawn tractors, UTVs or ATVs. It features a heavy duty material construction, with the tank being translucent and chemical resistant. A manifold together with a pressure gauge have also been inbuilt
Special Features and Benefits
- Versatility: its different configurations and its chemical resistance make it possible for it to be used not only on an array of locomotives but also for a range of pesticides.
- Quality Construction: Features a 15-gallon heavy duty construction that is chemical resistant and a double filtration system, all of which extend the life of this sprayer.
- Efficient Performance: With a translucent tank that can easily be monitored, an inbuilt pressure gauge and the 16 ft or 7 ft coverage spray boom optional kits; you can effectively handle different project sizes at your own pace.
- Specifications: 70 PSI max with a 36ft maximum vertical spray together with 30 ft maximum horizontal spray all at 2GPM and 12V diaphragm pump system.
- If tank is filled to its capacity, the rubber grommets tend to leak
- The internal tank feet won’t be able to access about a gallon or slightly less. This is a waste.
4. Precision Products TCS15 Spot Sprayer, 12-Volt, 15-Gallon
This is a construction that has been designed with the purpose of making larger spraying projects to be a breeze. It can easily be mounted on an ATV among other vehicles as long as there is a 12V battery connection. With a 15 gallon capacity, a 15-foot hose and a handgun, you are going to take your next spraying projects to a new high.
Benefits and Special Features
- Quality Construction: Heavy duty plastic has been used in the construction. A drain plug and other quality features have been factored in for durability and easy use
- Easy Use: Features a thumb control spray wand that has been attached to the 15-foot horse thus making control to be easier
- Efficient Use: Can be configured up to 60 PSI which means it has the capacity of releasing up to 1 gallon per minute.
- Its screws and clamps loosen easily thus can end up leaking.
With all the above mentioned considerations, factors and product reviews, the NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer carries the day. It is an effective tank for a great deal of projects, being capable of handling pretty much of activities. With a large tank capacity and its efficient flow rate, it is great for use in large areas. The fact that it can also effectively be used for small projects makes it even more impressive. Such are reasons behind the qualification of the product as the best ATV sprayer on the money.
Last update on 2021-07-29 at 18:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API