How Do GreenWorks Blowers Stack Up: A GreenWorks Blower Review
We all like to keep our yards clean right? There’s nothing like looking out the window in the morning and seeing our spotless yard stretched out before us.
But keeping your yard tidy can be a pain in the neck—or the back. All the raking can really tire you out and leave your body sore. So how do you keep your yard clean and don’t break your back while doing it?
A good investment is a blower. It can push back leaves and any debris that is left in your yard. It can do the work of a rake in half the time. Many blowers offer different attachments to make using them even easier.
- 1 Different Types of Blowers by GreenWorks
- 1.1 80V 580 CFM Brushless Backpack Blower
- 1.2 80V 580 CFM Brushless Backpack Blower(Tool Only)
- 1.3 G-MAX 40V Cordless Brushless Blower/Vacuum
- 1.4 60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower
- 1.5 80V 500 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower
- 1.6 60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Backpack Blower
- 1.7 80V 580 CFM Brushless Axial Blower (Gen II)
- 1.8 G-MAX 40V 390 CFM Cordless Axial Blower
- 1.9 60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower (Tool Only)
- 1.10 24V 130 MPH Cordless Sweeper
- 1.11 12 Amp 325 MPH Corded Blower/Vacuum
- 1.12 12 Amp 230 MPH Corded Blower/Vacuum
- 1.13 G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Cordless Sweeper(Tool Only)
- 1.14 9 Amp 530 CFM Corded Axial Blower
- 1.15 7 Amp 160 MPH Corded Blower
- 2 What Makes a GreenWorks Blower Unique
- 3 What We Think
Different Types of Blowers by GreenWorks
GreenWorks offer a variety of different blowers to match every home owner. There are 16 different types of blowers this company offers. Each have their own benefits depending on what you want to use them for.
80V 580 CFM Brushless Backpack Blower
- Up to 580 CFM / 145 MPH makes blowing through dry/wet leaves and debris a breeze
- Brushless motor delivers gas equivalent performance
- Variable speed trigger and turbo button delivers on-demand power
- Cruise control for ultimate control. Compatible 80V Battery Model 2901302 | 60-1706 Compatible 80V...
- Battery and charger not included, 4 Year Tool Warranty
This blower makes blowing away dry or wet leaves a breeze. It has different speed controls and has cruise control like on a car. You can pick and maintain the speed you want. The high efficiently brushless motor increases runtime and extends the motor’s life.
You can purchase this blower for $$$ from GreenWorks’ site. Many people who have bought this blower love it for how easy it is to use and the fact it’s environmentally safe. There are some who feel that the battery life is too short and that it’s not as powerful as advertised.
This seems to be good for anyone that wants an easy way to keep their yard clean.
80V 580 CFM Brushless Backpack Blower
If you are just interested in the Brushless Backpack tool instead of the whole device, GreenWorks offers it to you. As with the original Backpack Blower, it has different speeds and allows you to use cruise control. It also has the same motor that lengthens runtime and the motor’s life.
You can purchase this GreenWorks blower for $199. No one has yet to review this tool on the website, but since it works similar to the full Backpack Blower, you can guess how well it will work for you.
G-MAX 40V Cordless Brushless Blower/Vacuum
- 185 MPH / 340 CFM
- Up To 21 Minutes Run-Time On High In Blower Mode
- Brushless Motor Provides More Power, Performance, and Durability
- Variable Speed Dial with Turbo Button - 6 Speed Selections
- Tool-Less Blower To Vacuum Conversion
This product can work as both a blower and a vacuum. The digital controlled brushless motor gives more power, longer runtime, and makes it quieter to use.
It offers a variety of speeds and a turbo button for a burst of power up to 185 miles per hour. This should make clearing your yard or deck simple.
The design of the grip makes it comfortable to hold while walking around. It also comes with a detachable vacuum bag if you wish to suck up leaves or debris.
You can buy this product for $$$, though as of writing this—it’s on sale for $$. There are no reviews yet.
60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower
This axial blower can run for around 45 minutes on a fully charged 2.5 AH Battery. Its engine provides more power, torque, and longer motor life. It also comes with different speeds and a cruise control function.
It’s cushioned mold grip makes it easy to use and carry as you walk around. It weighs less than 8 pounds, so anyone can use it. It doesn’t leak out any emissions, making it good for the environment as well.
You can get it for $199, though it’s on sale for $179 when this was written. Many people love this product for small cleaning jobs. They appreciate how lightweight and easy it is to use. The most common complaint is that it takes a long time to charge the battery and that it doesn’t last long when you use the tool at full power.
80V 500 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower
- Greenworks Pro 80V brushless axial blower provides up to 70 minutes run-time on speed 1 (low) / 28...
- Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life. Gas equivalent performance
- Axial blower features 125 mph / 500 cfm performance, 3 speed options, variable speed trigger, and...
- 80V 2Ah battery and rapid charger included (charges in only 30 minutes)
This blower will give you up to 70 minutes of runtime when running on low speed and on a fully charged battery. It’s equal to a 32cc gas engine blower, but doesn’t give off emissions like a gas blower will. It has more torque, longer run time and life, and it runs quieter than a gas engine.
It will get rid of both dry and wet leaves easily. You have 3 speeds to choose from and at the highest speed, the motor will blow 125 miles per hour.
You can buy this GreenWorks blower for $$. People love this blower for jobs around the house. You can clean your yard of leaves, blow away spider webs, and get rid of any dirt in your garage. Many people praise the battery life of this product.
60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Backpack Blower
With a full battery, this blower will run for 45 minutes which is the perfect amount of time to get rid of any wet or dry debris. It also features a turbo boost that blows 125 miles per hour to remove any stubborn litter.
The motor allows for a longer runtime and extended life. The push engine lets you get working right away without any hassles from pull cords. It weighs around 7 pounds, so it’s not too heavy for anyone to use.
You can buy this blower for $$ and people love it. They find it convenient to use and work with when clearing their yards. People are excited because the blower is quiet and doesn’t let out any gas smells.
80V 580 CFM Brushless Axial Blower (Gen II)
This blower means business. With a sleek and slim design, you can finish your projects outside quickly. Because of its design, you shouldn’t get tired while using it. It even has a comfortable mold grip.
It has 22 minutes of run time when it’s on high speed with a full battery. The battery will recharge completely within 40 minutes, leaving you plenty of time to finish bigger projects.
This blower costs $$. People are a fan of this product’s design. It being lightweight and easy to use makes doing outdoor chores painless. Reviewers compare this brushless axial blower to gas ones and this blower wins out every time.
G-MAX 40V 390 CFM Cordless Axial Blower
- The GreenWorks 40V system is the largest collection of premium lawn tools withup to 25 or more tools...
- Finish your project with up to 14 minutes of runtime on high with a 2.5Ah battery
- 390 CFM / 110 MPH powers through the toughest debris
- Reduced fatigue with comfort over mold grip, variable speed trigger, and cruise control
- Charger provides full recharge in 75 minutes putting you back to work
This blower is all about efficiency with its jet fan design. It also gives a gas like performance of blowing speeds up 110 miles an hour.
It has a soft grip for user comfort and allows for cruise control to be enabled. There’s little to no vibration while running and it can work with a variety of outdoor tools.
This blower costs $$ and many reviewers would recommend it. People find convenient to use due to it being lightweight and quiet. It’s great for someone who needs a blower for outdoor work.
60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower (Tool Only)
This product is just like the 60V 540 CFM Cordless Brushless Axial Blower but it’s only the tool instead of the whole set. It still will have a 45 minute run time on a full battery. It provides the same amount of power, torque, and is quieter due to the design.
It’s a consumer friendly product with its cushioned mold grip, lightweight design, and push button to start it up.
You can get this tool for $$. Reviewers like this just as well as the full blower version. They are a fan of the weight and power that this tool provides.
24V 130 MPH Cordless Sweeper
- Built with quality and performance in mind
- Variable speed trigger
- Over mold grip
- Includes battery and charger
- Power source type: Battery Powered
The 24V Lithium-Ion battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging. It has 2 speeds that give either 90 or 130 miles per hour wind. It’s great for clearing off hard surfaces.
You can adjust the air flow to allow control over the wind speeds. It has a lightweight design so anyone can use it without getting tired.
You can buy this GreenWorks blower for $. Reviewers say that this product has a low battery life—claiming it only lasted for 10 minutes. GreenWorks offers better blowers with more battery life.
12 Amp 325 MPH Corded Blower/Vacuum
This blower has a 2 speed switch that delivers winds up to 235 miles per hour. This is great for getting leaves or litter off your yard.
It’s 10:1 ratio lets you turn 10 bags of leaves into a single bag. It can easily transition from a blower to a vacuum when you need it to.
You can buy this blower for $59.99 and people say it’s a good deal for the price. Though it didn’t get all the leaves that were stuck under rocks or in awkward areas. The best part about this blower, according to the reviews, is that fact you can control the speed of it.
12 Amp 230 MPH Corded Blower/Vacuum
This is very similar to the blower listed above. Both allow for winds up to 235 miles per hour, both have the same 10:1 ratio, and both are easily turned from a blower into a vacuum.
The difference is that this model has a plastic propeller instead of a metal one. You can also purchase this blower for $ and there are no reviews yet of this product.
G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Cordless Sweeper
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after...
- Variable speed delivers wind speed up to 150 mph, perfect for cleaning debris and leaves off hard...
- Additional speed control on Sweeper tip offers better sweeping and gathering capabilities
- Lightweight robust design for user efficiency and ease of use
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System for higher efficiency and longer run time
This is the same as the G-MAX 40V Cordless Sweeper except it’s only the tool that’s for sale. It still has an adjustable speed dial and can go up to 150 miles per hour. It has an adjustable air flow tip that gives you control over wind speeds.
Its lightweight design means that users won’t tire out so quickly. It also has an electric motor so it will always start the first time. It’s compatible with GreenWorks G-MAZ 40V Li-Ion System for better efficiency and a longer run time.
You can buy this tool for $, though at the moment this was written, you can get it on sale for $. This product has yet to be reviewed.
9 Amp 530 CFM Corded Axial Blower
- 9 Amp motor provides powerful blowing performance
- Powerful axial design provides 530 CFM at 130 MPH
- Reduce fatigue with cruise control and variable speed trigger. Light weight construction at 5.6 lbs.
- Safety cord lock prevents cord from disconnecting (cord not included)
- 4-year warranty protects your investment
This blower has various speeds up to 130 miles per hour which is perfect for blowing leaves away from your yard. The impeller gives the most airflow and is able to handle high impact blows. It’s lightweight and allows users to have control over all speeds. You can buy this GreenWorks blower for $.
Reviewers appreciate that it’s not heavy like other blowers are and is still able to get the job done. People feel that they got their money’s worth in the first use. Though some people had problems with the cord.
7 Amp 160 MPH Corded Blower
- 160 MPH wind speeds for helping remove debris and dust from hard surfaces
- Lightweight design for better handling and less user fatigue
- Virtually no vibration when compared to gas blowers
- Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental unnplugging
- Extension cord is not included. Refer to pg. 9 in Owner's Manual for proper extension cord selection
This blower offers wind speeds up to 160 miles per hour to remove any debris. It has a lightweight design that’s good for any level of user. There is also a convenient cord lock to prevent you from accidently unplugging it.
You can get this blower for $ and according to reviewers it’s a steal. Many find it easy to work with, through there are a few who were disappointed. Apparently, the cord can easily be broken off from the tool if you’re not careful.
What Makes a GreenWorks Blower Unique
Because they don’t use gas, there is no obnoxious gas smell that always seems to stick around. You will also save money on gas and won’t have to constantly refill a GreenWorks blower. Their blowers work just as well, if not better, than gas powered ones.
The company offers a full four-year warranty in case your blower breaks down. They have the confidence that their tools will perform perfectly. They can also repair your blower if a part of it is damaged.
What We Think
We think it depends on the job that you want to do. For some, a GreenWorks blower is perfect for cleaning their yard and doing some spring cleaning. For those who have a larger yard, these blowers may not have enough battery power to get the job done.
Overall, for the average homeowner, this is a great brand if you want to care of your yard yourself.
Last update on 2021-03-02 at 12:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API